Sunday, November 16, 2008

Macarons

I do not know when and why I started having interest in making macarons. Not that I have ever tasted one. But read a lot about them in other blogs and some have managed to make such beautiful macarons. I find most recipes a tad too sweet except for this one. Turned out tasty and goes well with peanut butter. Didn't bother to make the filling as I know this is like a 'practice' period. So,most failed batches did not go to waste and the kids love them.


This was how they looked like - no 'feet' and cracked tops. Then I decided not to give up and tried again today but using another recipe. I was happy to get better result as shown below.



Very happy when I saw tiny 'feet' started to show when they were in the oven. Unfortunately, I was having difficulties removing them from the parchment paper. Sigh! And tasted too sweet for my liking. Anyway, at least they have those frilly feets!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin