Saturday, March 7, 2009

Yoghurt Choc Chips Cake




Okay..it's been a while and I wanted to lay off all kinds of sinful indulgence since my waist line has expanded in a rather alarming way. I have been watching what I eat for a while since CNY and I am starting to get a little frustrated! So, I decided to flip through my recipe books just before the weekend and went on to stock up some stuff. Well, here it is - a low sugar yoghurt choc chips cake. Here is the recipe if you want to try :


180g butter
70g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs (small ones)
280 self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
100g yoghurt
Just enough choc chips (coz I did not measure)


- Line and grease a round baking tin.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together.
- Beat butter, sugar and salt till light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, making sure well beaten after each addition. I found that the mixture started to curdle by the time I added in the 4th egg. I wonder if the eggs I used were too big. Anyway, folded in the flour mixture and looked alright.
- Add in yoghurt and mix well. Lastly, pour in the choc chips.
- Transfer batter to the baking tin and bake 30-35mins @180 degree celcius.
- Let cake cool in tin for about 5mins before transfering to a wire rack.


Verdict : nice texture and not sweet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin