Saturday, August 21, 2010

Banana Cake





I think this has to be the most easiest cake to make. All less than 15mins to mix. One thing to note is the banana must be really ripe. This is inspired by my elder son. He actually came back some time back with some banana cake from his home econs class. He was excited and eager to get each one of us to try his cake. Obviously, he was proud that it tasted good. I am proud of him too. Really. He was beaming and I can understand the feeling because I felt the same each time when I bake.The best part about the experience is he offered to bake together with me today. I was surprised. What a way to bond. Here is the recipe we used (actually from his text book! Ha!) :



100g butter
80g sugar
100g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs - lightly beaten
1 banana (we used 2 but not ripe enough)- mashed
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

1 loaf tin (greased and lined)

  • - Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
  • - Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
  • - Add in eggs gradually, add in milk,vanilla essence and the mashed banana. Mix till combined.
  • - Sieve flour and salt together and fold into the batter.
  • - Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for about 30 mins or till cooked through.




Turn out the cake when cooked to cool completely.

3 comments:

SIG said...

I've tried banana cake recipes but they always turn out too densed. Maybe I should try this. Great bonding!

STARLIT said...

SIG,

This one is not too bad. Maybe because the recipe uses butter.

SIG said...

Ok. Tks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin