I guess you can't go wrong with chocolate. Really. It's one of those things that makes you go 'hmm..'.
I baked these cupcakes in a muffin tray and I have reduced the recipe so it only yields about 5 muffin sized cakes. I supposed I will get more if I use a smaller size tray.
2 egg yolks
40g chocolate (melted)
some chocolate chips (as desired)
30g self raising flour
2 egg whites and another 50g sugar (to be beaten till soft peaks)
- Firstly, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sieve in the flour and fold in the batter together with the chocolate chips
- Lastly, fold in the egg whites gently.
- Scoop the batter to prepared paper cups and bake at 180 degrees celcius for about 20-25minutes or till cooked through.
- Take the paper cups out from muffin tray and let them cool on a wire rack.
Frost as desired. Here I have simply frost them with melted chocolate.