Monday, September 20, 2010

Double Choc Cupcakes



I guess you can't go wrong with chocolate. Really. It's one of those things that makes you go 'hmm..'.
I baked these cupcakes in a muffin tray and I have reduced the recipe so it only yields about 5 muffin sized cakes. I supposed I will get more if I use a smaller size tray.

Ingredients :
70g butter
20g sugar
2 egg yolks
40g chocolate (melted)
some chocolate chips (as desired)
30g self raising flour
2 egg whites and another 50g sugar (to be beaten till soft peaks)
  • Firstly, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
  • Next, add in the egg yolks one at a time.
  • Add in the melted chocolate and mix well.
  • Sieve in the flour and fold in the batter together with the chocolate chips
  • Lastly, fold in the egg whites gently.
  • Scoop the batter to prepared paper cups and bake at 180 degrees celcius for about 20-25minutes or till cooked through.
  • Take the paper cups out from muffin tray and let them cool on a wire rack.

Frost as desired. Here I have simply frost them with melted chocolate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin