Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kek Lapis

Layer by layer and not knowing if the cake will turn out good. Will I attempt it again? Well, not anytime soon unless there is a good reason for it.

After the long baking hours, thank goodness it turned out okay. Now, I can proudly tell mum that I made my own Lapis. Taste nice too! I used the recipe from this blog. Only 10 egg yolks instead of 20 or 30 in some recipes. The only difference is I have used 5 egg whites instead. No particular reason. I just thought it was easier to split the egg whites in half because I used 10 yolks. The remaining 5 egg whites were kept aside just in case I messed up with the whites when beating them.

Pointers to note if I ever bake it again the next time :

  • Do not bake the layers for too long

  • Use a smaller baking tin so that I get thicker and more layers

  • Beat the egg whites to very stiff peaks. I felt I didn't really beat it to stiff peaks today





The baked layer of the cake.




Adding the batter in for the next layer. Noticed the batter will melt as the previous layer is still very hot. But according to the recipe, you need not wait till it cools down.








Mission accomplished!






1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! This is awesome Kek Lapis recipe. If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin