- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- Mix egg yolks and salt together. Add in oil and milk and mix them really well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into egg yolks. Add in vanilla essence.
- Next, in another bowl, whisk egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy.
- Add in sugar slowly and whisk till stiff.
- Fold in half the egg whites into the egg mixture.
- Add in the remaining half of the whites and fold in evenly.
- Fill mixture into cups and bake for abt 15-18mins.
- Leave to cool.
The beaten egg whites.
The batter in the cups, ready to be baked!
Finally, prepare the filling. Whip the cream till thick. Mix custard powder with the milk and mix into the whipped cream. Chill the cream while waiting for the cakes to cool. When they are cooled, pipe the cream into the cakes and there you have it....HOKKAIDO CHIFFON. Seriously, I have no idea why the name 'Hokkaido'. Maybe the recipe originated from there.But hey, the recipe works...that's more important.