Here's the recipe ( From RTHK website)
For the crust :
100g plain flour
50g butter (cold and cubed)
1/8 tsp salt
20g cold water
For the filling :
70g heavy cream
some shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Sieve the flour and salt
- Add in butter and rub in till it resembles bread crumbs
- Add in egg and water (might need to gauge depending on the brand of flour)
- Mix everything until a dough is formed
- Wrap with cling wrap and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Fry bacon till fragrant. Beat eggs and add in cream,salt and pepper. Sieve the mixture. Set aside
- Roll out dough and cut to the size of the tart mould. Gently place dough over the mould and shape the dough neatly to the sides. Use a fork to poke holes at the bottom.
- Blind bake at 200 degrees celcius for about 15 mins.
- Remove from oven. Place bacon and shredded cheese on top and pour the egg mixture to fill the whole tart. Reduce oven heat to 180-190 degrees celcius.
- Place them back into the oven and continue to bake till egg is set.