Monday, January 28, 2013

Prosperity Roll

 
 
 


 
The word on the roll is 'Fu' and in Chinese it means prosperity. I had a hard time trying to pipe it with the batter and ended up with a not so perfect one. The batter sort of spreaded and the strokes are not so prominent. I think it still looks ok. You can still make out the word. Not a bad attempt after all.

Chinese New Year is around the corner and this roll is just perfect for the festive season. Will make another one nearing the day to usher in the year of the Snake. I think for the next roll, I might add in a picture of a snake to make it more significant.

I used the same recipe for giraffe patterned roll. I just omit the cocoa powder and add in more plain flour to make up the difference. I divided the batter for the pattern into 3 separate portions and colour them respectively with brown, pink and red. The portions vary according to the usage needed for the patterm. Use your own discretion.






I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin