Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Deco Swiss Roll .....Again!





This time I choose to decorate the roll with some cream and heart shaped sprinkles. This will make a perfect nother's day gift, don't you think? For the filling, I spread non dairy whipping cream and diced strawberries. Yummy! It is really delicious.


Side view of the roll


All packed in a 'box'
 


The not so perfect hello kitty pattern
 

I also made a hello kitty pattern roll. I did not manage to take a pic of the rolled up cake. However, at least I have taken a slice of the rolled up cake. I thought the pink just gave it a 'sweet' look. I love it.
 
I used the same recipe for Giraffe Patterned Roll for both the rolls here. For the hello kitty roll, I used 80g flour and omitted the cocoa powder. I used Wilton Icing colouring gel in red for the colouring. When the sponge is done, I used edible food writer to try drawing the whiskers. As you can see, it was a challenge to try making a smooth line. I will try to use a brush with colouring mixture for my next try.
 


                                                                 So pinky sweet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin