Monday, August 26, 2013

Zebra Butter Cake






This cake tasted so good, everything was gone by the end of the day. Yes, it was that good. I took the recipe from blogger Nasi Lemak Lover. Looks like the egg separation method really produces a finer texture and fluffy too. Not forgetting very fragrant too. I will use this recipe again for a simple butter cake without adding cocoa powder or a marble cake. I supposed, you can add any flavours too like coffee, orange, nuts..change a little here and there.



The cake out of the pan and cooling on a rack


I baked the cake using an 8 inch pan. The only fuss about this recipe is alternating the plain and the cocoa batter but other than that, it is really quite a straight forward recipe. As you can see, the stripes are not really as even as I wanted them to be but with a few more tries, it would be :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin