Monday, October 7, 2013
I have baked carrot cakes before and well, they all turned out ok and decent enough but this recipe is da bomb! Honestly, cross my heart. Was given the thumbs up and I gotta say I could not resist it myself while decorating it.
This cake was a farewell gift for a friend who has chosen to pursue something which she thinks might relieve her from her misery but oh well, that is another story. Anyway, she was kind of touched and liked the cake straight away, exclaiming, ' Ooh! Love the cute carrots on the cake!'
I was glad when told even her daughter loved it.
Here;s the recipe if you want to try. It is adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover's blog :
150g which is about 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
130g all purpose flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
80g caster sugar
80g brown sugar
1/4tsp cinnamon powder
100g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly stir
40g walnut, chopped
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add in caster sugar, salt and brown sugar, stir well.
- Add in carrots, corn oil, vanilla extract and egg, beat for few minutes till mixture well combined.
- Add in walnut and raisins, mix well.
- Pour in a greased and line baking pan, bake at pre-heated oven 180c for 40mins.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese frosting
150g cream cheese, at room temperature
40g butter, at room temperature
70g icing sugar, sifted
- Beat cream cheese & butter till blended
- Add icing sugar and honey continue to beat till spreadable consistency.